- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process them until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Crush the ramen noodles; discard seasoning packet.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, lettuce, noodles, oranges and almonds. Drizzle with poppy seed dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 26 servings (1-3/4 cups dressing).
Reviews forPoppy Seed Tossed Salad
"The best Poppy Seed Dressing ever! Always get rave reviews when I make this salad. Never any left. I did make one change used Chinese Noodles instead of Ramen and added fresh Strawberries."
"Large quantity so I made the full dressing and half salad."
"easy to make and tastes wonderful. I used red onions so mine came out pink."