Pistachio Cream Dessert
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- 1. In a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish, melt butter. Stir in cracker crumbs; press mixture onto bottom of dish. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Whisk in ice cream. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- 2. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
1 slice: 303 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 19, 2012
Im new here and I was wondering if anybody has made this with any other pudding mixes...and also is the recipe calling for RITZ crackers? Im not much of a cooker so im not sure. If somebody could please help me Id be truely greatful. Thank you very much
Jan 10, 2011
This looks good and I hope to make it soon but I have a question. Does the phrase "frozen fat-free whipped topping" necessarily mean Cool Whip? I have friends who do not like Cool Whip so have been wondering if someone can suggest an alternative. Thanks in advance for your in-put.
Feb 1, 2010
This dessert is absolutely fabulous! It is easy to prepare and keeps well for long periods of time when frozen. I have subsituted pistachio mix with coconut cream, banana cream and vanilla. They are equally delicious. Everytime I have served this at family or church functions I am always asked for the recipe! You won't be disappointed!
Dec 31, 1969
I've been looking for this recipe for years
my Mom used to make it for us. It is
a great easy recipe, thanks!