- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a microwave-safe 8-in. square dish, melt butter. Stir in cracker crumbs; press mixture onto bottom of dish. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Whisk in ice cream. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPistachio Cream Dessert
"Im new here and I was wondering if anybody has made this with any other pudding mixes...and also is the recipe calling for RITZ crackers? Im not much of a cooker so im not sure. If somebody could please help me Id be truely greatful. Thank you very much"
"This looks good and I hope to make it soon but I have a question. Does the phrase "frozen fat-free whipped topping" necessarily mean Cool Whip? I have friends who do not like Cool Whip so have been wondering if someone can suggest an alternative. Thanks in advance for your in-put."
"This dessert is absolutely fabulous! It is easy to prepare and keeps well for long periods of time when frozen. I have subsituted pistachio mix with coconut cream, banana cream and vanilla. They are equally delicious. Everytime I have served this at family or church functions I am always asked for the recipe! You won't be disappointed!"
"I've been looking for this recipe for yearsmy Mom used to make it for us. It isa great easy recipe, thanks!"