Orange-Cranberry Nut Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Whisk together the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk orange juice, egg, water and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries, nuts and orange zest.
- 2. Bake in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
1 slice: 155 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 23, 2016
I make this every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Each time I wonder why I don't make it throughout the year. So good!
Dec 20, 2011
This recipe also makes 1 dozen muffins. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Dec 2, 2011
If you like cranberry and citris, you will love it. I was given cranberry bread for my Thanksgiving dinner project. This sounded like the one my mom always made. I made it and was nervous because I am not a baker. It came out wonderful, the bread basket on Thanksgiving was empty, and everybody wanted it for breakfast the next day! It is easy, will make a great gift, and trust me your bread basket will be empty to!!