- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 pound cranberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- Peel of an orange, grated
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Make a well and add the egg, butter, juice and water. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in cranberries, nuts and orange peel. Bake in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan at 325° for about 1 hour or until the bread tests done. Cool 10 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forOrange-Cranberry Nut Bread
"This recipe also makes 1 dozen muffins. bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes."
"If you like cranberry and citris, you will love it. I was given cranberry bread for my Thanksgiving dinner project. This sounded like the one my mom always made. I made it and was nervous because I am not a baker. It came out wonderful, the bread basket on Thanksgiving was empty, and everybody wanted it for breakfast the next day! It is easy, will make a great gift, and trust me your bread basket will be empty to!!"