Orange Carrot Muffins Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in orange juice. Combine the flour, orange peel, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in carrots.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 173 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Orange Carrot Muffins
"For me, this recipe did NOT turn out mushy at all and was very good! I like the mild orange flavor and it's not so sweet like a dessert muffin usually is. I've made these several times and every time they turn out great."
"This muffin has a very mushy texture, likely due to the amount of carrot. It lacked sweetness and overall flavour. I threw them out."