Oatmeal Chip Cookie Mix Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Pulse oats in a food processor until finely ground; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 2. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer oats, flour mixture, chips, almonds, coconut, brown sugar and granulated sugar, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- 3. To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cookie mixture; blend well (mixture will be dry). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 260 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Oatmeal Chip Cookie Mix
"I just made this recipe for a HOA BBQ today and everyone loved them. I'm glad I cut the chocolate chips to 1/2 a cup."
"It doesn't say that you have to wait 6 months. It says that the mix will keep for 6 months."
"Is there any way to make this recipe without having to wait 6 months? My aunt had an oatmeal cookie recipe that involved mixing some of the ingredients and waiting about 6 hours for it to soften. Why does this recipe indicate that you must wait for 6 months?"