No-Bake Fudgy Oat Cookies Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oats and coconut; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine milk and butter. Stir in sugar and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Add oat mixture; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto waxed paper. Let stand until set. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 184 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for No-Bake Fudgy Oat Cookies
"These cookies were just ok for me. They were not as good as the recipe for no bakes that uses peanut butter. I will not be using this recipe again."
"Too much sugar-- Sorry but I cant bite into these without feeling like my teeth will disintegrate!"
"Everyone loved these. I put a little kosher salt on some after I put them on the waxedpaper (before they firmed up) and on someI added chopped walnuts. Will make again!"
"these are great"
"Thank you for Posting this recipe. I loved it as a kid, I made it for my inlaws and they invited me back, to make it again"