Mongolian Beef Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 5 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sesame oil; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1-1/2 teaspoons hot olive oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry the onions in remaining olive oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add beef and heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 328 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Mongolian Beef
"Good stuff add veggies"
"Very good! Will make again."
"Was bland. Will not make again."
"Great recipe. Two changes that I made was olive oil instead of the sesame oil and for the meat I used a Filet. I could have used a little more meat but otherwise this was very good and can't wait to make it again."
"Since I tried this recipe it became one of family favorites. Its easy and tasty. thanks for sharing:)"
"My whole family loved this."
"Great Recipe, but no leftovers :o) I did change it up just a little. I added 2T of hoisin sauce, 1/8t of onion powder, 1T brown sugar and one small clove of garlic. SO GOOD, next time I will double my recipe. The kids even loved it! 10 stars!!! THANK YOU!"
"This was rather bland to me."
"This dish was good,simple,the sauce was very flavorful. Next time I think I'll add some fresh garlic."
"I followed the recipe exactly. The meat was tender and my family loved it. Might not be exactly like the restaurant version but still very good. Next time I might try some of the suggestions of other people reviewing the recipe."
"Maybe I bought the wrong cut of meat but my meat was very tough. The sauce was okay, but it wasn't anything special. I'm surprised this got such good reviews."
"We used cooked broccoli florets instead of the green onions and added 1 tsp. of onion powder. This recipe is delicious!!"