Meatball Minestrone Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans with liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, crumbs, salt and pepper. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In large saucepan, brown meatballs on all sides until no longer pink. Drain. Add remaining ingredients except macaroni and parsley; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add macaroni; simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley.
- 3. If Cooking for Two: Freeze serving-size portions to enjoy later. 8 servings, 1 cup per serving. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
If Cooking for Two: Freeze serving-size portions to enjoy later. 8 servings, 1 cup per serving.
1 cup: 210 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 706mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Meatball Minestrone
"I really enjoyed this soup and the meatballs are great in it. Thank You!"
"Absolutely wonderful! I make meatballs in quantity and freeze portions for use in spaghetti, etc. so went straight to the kitchen to make this recipe. Used beef broth instead of water and since I am a spice loving person also added half a can of Rotel as well as diced onion and garlic to the broth. This is the perfect winter meal and I will freeze individual portions for wonderful quick meals whenever the mood strikes. quick to make and deserves ten stars and I am a hard to please old lady."