- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans with liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a mixing bowl, combine beef, egg, onion, crumbs, salt and pepper. Shape into 30 1-in. balls. In large saucepan, brown meatballs on all sides. Drain excess fat. Add remaining ingredients except macaroni and parsley; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add macaroni; simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Reviews forMeatball Minestrone
"I really enjoyed this soup and the meatballs are great in it. Thank You!"
"Absolutely wonderful! I make meatballs in quantity and freeze portions for use in spaghetti, etc. so went straight to the kitchen to make this recipe. Used beef broth instead of water and since I am a spice loving person also added half a can of Rotel as well as diced onion and garlic to the broth. This is the perfect winter meal and I will freeze individual portions for wonderful quick meals whenever the mood strikes. quick to make and deserves ten stars and I am a hard to please old lady."