Meat and Potato Patties
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Combine the first six ingredients. Shape into four patties; press to flatten slightly. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides; drain. Add tomato juice. Simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted into meat reads 160°, 20-25 minutes. Remove patties to a serving platter; keep warm.
- 2. Whisk flour into water; gradually add to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Spoon over patties. Serve immediately.
1 patty: 237 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Apr 22, 2018
These were VERY simple to make yet flavorful. The only thing I would modify would be the sauce. I would add a few spices to the tomato juice for extra flavor- maybe some rosemary or oregano. Otherwise, very hearty and filling!
Apr 3, 2018
I did not have green pepper, so I used chopped celery and omitted canola oil. This recipe was very tasty! I'm glad that I tried it! delowenstein, TOH Volunteer Field Editor