- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the first six ingredients. Shape into four patties; press to flatten slightly. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown patties on both sides; drain. Add tomato juice. Simmer, covered, until a thermometer inserted into meat reads 160°, 20-25 minutes. Remove patties to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Whisk flour into water; gradually add to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Spoon over patties. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMeat and Potato Patties
"These were VERY simple to make yet flavorful. The only thing I would modify would be the sauce. I would add a few spices to the tomato juice for extra flavor- maybe some rosemary or oregano. Otherwise, very hearty and filling!"
"I did not have green pepper, so I used chopped celery and omitted canola oil. This recipe was very tasty! I'm glad that I tried it! delowenstein, TOH Volunteer Field Editor"