Jalapeno-Lime Marinated Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1. In a 4-cup measuring cup, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting frequently with the reserved marinade. Yield: 10 servings.
Test Kitchen Tip Cut chicken breast halves in half again if serving a buffet with more than one entree choice. Guests are more likely to try different items.
1 each: 193 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Jalapeno-Lime Marinated Chicken
"This was perfect, I followed the recipe and grilled the chicken. It was soooo juicy, and not spicy at all with the jalapeno in it"