The marinade adds a zesty taste and makes the chicken very tender. I think this is the perfect recipe for a summer picnic. —Coleen Martin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a 4-cup measuring cup, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with the reserved marinade. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno-Lime Marinated Chicken in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p139
Reviews forJalapeno-Lime Marinated Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2013
"This was perfect, I followed the recipe and grilled the chicken. It was soooo juicy, and not spicy at all with the jalapeno in it"