Honey Coconut Granola Recipe
- 15 cups old-fashioned oats (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine oats, walnuts, wheat germ, sunflower kernels and coconut. In a saucepan over medium heat, stir butter, brown sugar, honey, oil, flavorings and salt until very well mixed. Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Pour into three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 275° for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins if desired. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 21 cups.
3/4 cup: 462 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Honey Coconut Granola
"This granola is great! I replace the walnuts with almonds, omitted the sunflower seeds & added more pecans. We love it on our yogurt!"