- 15 cups old-fashioned oats (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, walnuts, wheat germ, sunflower kernels and coconut. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, honey, oil, flavorings and salt; cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture is blended.
- Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Pour into three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 275° for 60-70 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Add raisins if desired. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 21 cups.
Reviews forHoney Coconut Granola
"This granola is great! I replace the walnuts with almonds, omitted the sunflower seeds & added more pecans. We love it on our yogurt!"