Herbed Sausage Gravy Over Cheese Biscuits Recipe
The gang at my house loves anything with biscuits, and this oregano flavored sausage gravy is the best we've ever tasted! It's a real favorite with my husband and two toddlers.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 cubes (about 1/2-in.)
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk and oil just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place a pinch of oregano in the center of each biscuit; top with a cheese cube.
- 2. Moisten edge of dough with water and pull up over cheese, forming a pouch; pinch tightly to seal. Place seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet, pressing lightly with hand. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in milk and oregano. Mix flour and water until smooth; add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. For each serving, spoon about 1/3 cup gravy over two biscuits. Yield: 4 servings.
2 biscuits with 1/2 cup gravy: 626 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1132mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Herbed Sausage Gravy Over Cheese Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC