Hamburger Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a skillet, brown beef, onion, green pepper and rice. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 314 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1169mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Hamburger Spanish Rice
"Fast, easy and delicious!!!!"
"This is identical to my Mother's recipe for Spanish Rice I have been served since a child. The only difference is the elimination of the Worcestershire. She also served it with an ample amount of parmesan cheese. The topping is a delicious compliment to the rich, tomato flavor!"
"This is a fantastic recipe. Using a whole green pepper is definitely the way to go. I omit the sugar and salt and add a couple of drops of sriracha for a little bit of heat and flavor."
"Super delicious & filling! However, next time, I will add a whole green pepper & a can of diced tomatoes for more flavor."
"My husband loved it. Simple and easy to make. Just add a side of tortilla chips and you got a meal!"
"this was outstanding"