Ham Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce Recipe
A juicy ham slice is just as tasty as a whole ham, and it's easier and faster to prepare. Plus, topped with golden pineapple sauce, this dish is so elegant on the table.
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (about 1 inch thick and 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Dash ground ginger
- 1. In a skillet, brown ham in butter. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice aside. Place pineapple over ham; set aside. In a saucepan, combine orange juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, ginger and reserved pineapple juice; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over ham and pineapple. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until ham is heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 277 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1544mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Ham Slice with Pineapple-Orange Sauce
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC