Green Bean Bacon Bundles Recipe
I carry this dish to all the potluck dinners I attend because it's always a hit. I take extra recipe cards because everyone wants a copy.
- 20 fresh green beans
- 2 maple-flavored bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- 1. Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes; drain. Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until edges curl. Wrap 5 green beans with a half bacon strip; secure with a wooden toothpick. Repeat.
- 2. Place bundles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and orange juice concentrate. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour over bundles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, basting once. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 379 calories, 36g fat (19g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Green Bean Bacon Bundles
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC