VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 20 fresh green beans
- 2 maple-flavored bacon strips, halved
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange juice concentrate
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes; drain. Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until edges curl. Wrap 5 green beans with a half bacon strip; secure with a wooden toothpick. Repeat.
- Place bundles in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar and orange juice concentrate. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour over bundles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender, basting once. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Bundles in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p233