Ghastly Pear Ghosts Recipe
- 9 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 9 Popsicle sticks
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds white candy coating disks
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup orange candy coating disks
- 1. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a Popsicle stick into the top of each.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Dip each pear into caramel mixture; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white candy coating with 2 tablespoons shortening. Dip pears into coating. Return to pan; let stand until set.
- 4. In two separate microwave-safe bowls, melt chocolate chips and orange candy coating; stir 1 teaspoon shortening into each. Decorate ghost faces; let stand until set. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 1116 calories, 47g fat (35g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 175g carbohydrate (154g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Ghastly Pear Ghosts
"If you like pears, this is for you."
"I'm 57 and I just love this! Better than apples any day of the week."
"nice for a kid"