- 9 medium ripe Bosc pears
- 9 Popsicle sticks
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds white candy coating disks
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup orange candy coating disks
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. Wash and thoroughly dry pears; insert a Popsicle stick into the top of each.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with water; stir until smooth. Dip each pear into caramel mixture; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white candy coating with 2 tablespoons shortening. Dip pears into coating. Return to pan; let stand until set.
- In two separate microwave-safe bowls, melt chocolate chips and orange candy coating; stir 1 teaspoon shortening into each. Decorate ghost faces; let stand until set. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forGhastly Pear Ghosts
"If you like pears, this is for you."
"I'm 57 and I just love this! Better than apples any day of the week."
"nice for a kid"