Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Add the shrimp, peas, peppers, basil, parsley, salt and pepper. stir-fry for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add broth. Cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 205 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 188mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry
"It needed more flavor for our liking. I substituted white wine for broth & added jalepeno jelly at the end. Good base recipe."
"It was very tasty. I will cook this again."
"This was simple, healthy, and tasty! My husband agrees that this one is a keeper. I took the recommendations of the above chefs and added celery (since I did not have snow peas), and water chestnuts. I also used green pepper instead of yellow. Yum!"
"I made this for dinner this evening. It was really good. I forgot to buy snow peas today, so I put green, yellow and red peppers in, a little celery. I even added a piece of ginger minced. As a condiment we added some orange marmalade, and it was yummy. I definitely will make this again. --By the way, I tried to print this so it would be easier to read the recipe, and it was blocked. How come? mamasuejean"
""Julienned" is sliced int skinny strips..."
"This recipe calls for 'julienned' peppers. I don't know what that is. This page has related tips/videos/recipes, but none refer to 'julienned' (which, frankly, is NOT a term beginning or even many intermediate cooks know)!!!"