Fried Jalapenos Recipe
Here's an appetizer that will heat up any gathering. Family and friends often request that I make these jalapenos. —DeLea Lonadier, Montgomery, Louisiana
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) whole jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 jar (5 ounces) olive-pimiento cheese spread
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons cornmeal, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1. Cut off stems and remove seeds from peppers. Stuff with cheese spread. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, 2 tablespoons cornmeal, salt, pepper and buttermilk until smooth; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine remaining flour and cornmeal. Dip stuffed peppers into buttermilk batter, then dredge in flour mixture.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry peppers, a few at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 jalapeno: 90 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Fried Jalapenos
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2013
"Really quite good..."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC