Fluffy Cranberry Delight Recipe
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the cranberries, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until berries burst. Strain through a food mill or sieve into a large bowl.
- 2. Stir in the gelatin, lemon juice and orange juice. Cool until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- 3. In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cranberry mixture. Chill until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 273 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fluffy Cranberry Delight
"Mindy you'll want to use a wooden spoon or spatula to press as much pulp out of the berries as you can, then discard what's left in the strainer."
"What do you do with the Cranberries? I will have to use a colander."
"Is there an alternative for food mill or sieve? I don't have either one. Looking forward to your response.Thanks..... Gee"
"This is a good way to skip the out of the can cranberry sauce!"