This was originally my daughter's recipe, and she or I will make it for one or more of our holiday get-togethers. It can be served as a fruit salad along with the meal or as a light dessert. It's particularly pretty in a cut-glass bowl on a buffet. —Ruth Bolduc, Conway, New Hampshire
Featured In: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, bring the cranberries, sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until berries burst. Strain through a food mill or sieve into a large bowl.
- Stir in the gelatin, lemon juice and orange juice. Cool until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cranberry mixture. Chill until set. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Fluffy Cranberry Delight in Country Extra November 1993, p51
Reviews forFluffy Cranberry Delight
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2011
"This is a good way to skip the out of the can cranberry sauce!"