Final Exam Brownies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1. In a microwave, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, vanilla and chocolate mixture until smooth. Add flour and mix well. Fold in marshmallows, nuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- 3. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
1 each: 214 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 26, 2016
Delicious, fudgy, chewy and rich goodness. I was making them to gift to new neighbors so left out the nuts-in case of allergies- and I didn't have any marshmallows as I discovered at the last minute my husband had eaten all of them. They were delicious none the less and both neighbors visited me later that day requesting the recipe.
Feb 18, 2016
Easy to find ingredients, but very tasty. These are fudgy, moist brownies. I think actually overbaked them, because they looked so fudgy, I didn't think they were done. All my marshmallows melted without a trace!
Jul 7, 2013
These are delicious, chewy and rich with just the right combination of Nuts and marshmallows
Jul 2, 2013
This, folks, is chocolate heaven. These brownies are absolutely wonderful and I would give them ten stars if I could. I prepared these brownies today and followed the recipe to the letter. They are absolutely fantastic. Nothing but chocolatey goodness. I highly recommend this recipe. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/884437/7635593.aspx#7635593
Feb 19, 2013
These brownies are sooo good!! I've made them several times, they disapear quickly!
I make them just as the recipe says. YUMMY!!
Feb 8, 2012
Definitely a gooey brownie, but I've tried other gooey brownie recipes that I like better. The chocolate taste was weak, probably because of the addition of the marshmallows.
Oct 1, 2011
I have made this recipe many times and it always turns out great. I like to try lots of recipes but so far this is my favorite.
Mar 9, 2011
These are the best brownies I have ever made! I only fold in a half cup of marshmallows and a half cup of pecans, but they still turn out awesome (of course I still use one and a half cups of chocolate chips!). I'm not a huge marshmallow fan, but these are still wonderful.
Feb 28, 2011
These are the best brownies I have made! I am not a big marshallow fan, but these are great!
Jan 8, 2011
I always come back to this recipe and make these brownies. We love them.