- 4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Add flour; mix well. Fold in marshmallows, nuts and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forFinal Exam Brownies
"Delicious, fudgy, chewy and rich goodness. I was making them to gift to new neighbors so left out the nuts-in case of allergies- and I didn't have any marshmallows as I discovered at the last minute my husband had eaten all of them. They were delicious none the less and both neighbors visited me later that day requesting the recipe."
"easy to find ingredients, but very tasty. These are fudgy, moist brownies. I think actually overbaked them, because they looked so fudgy, I didn't think they were done. All my marshmallows melted without a trace!"
"These are delicious, chewy and rich with just the right combination of Nuts and marshmallows"
"This, folks, is chocolate heaven. These brownies are absolutely wonderful and I would give them ten stars if I could. I prepared these brownies today and followed the recipe to the letter. They are absolutely fantastic. Nothing but chocolatey goodness. I highly recommend this recipe. Here is a link to my review and photos: http://community.tasteofhome.com/community_forums/f/30/p/884437/7635593.aspx#7635593"
"These brownies are sooo good!! I've made them several times, they disapear quickly!I make them just as the recipe says. YUMMY!!"
"Definitely a gooey brownie, but I've tried other gooey brownie recipes that I like better. The chocolate taste was weak, probably because of the addition of the marshmallows."
"I have made this recipe many times and it always turns out great. I like to try lots of recipes but so far this is my favorite."
"These are the best brownies I have ever made! I only fold in a half cup of marshmallows and a half cup of pecans, but they still turn out awesome (of course I still use one and a half cups of chocolate chips!). I'm not a huge marshmallow fan, but these are still wonderful."
"These are the best brownies I have made! I am not a big marshallow fan, but these are great!"
"I always come back to this recipe and make these brownies. We love them."