- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- 2. Drain mostaccioli. Add mostaccioli and 1-1/2 cups cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Cover and bake 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Freeze option:Cover and freeze unbaked casseroles up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, covered, 50-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
1 cup: 351 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Sep 6, 2019Easy, quick and kid approved! This was delicious and I love that you replaced traditional shredded cheddar with the soup- makes it more creamy! I made a half batch and actually did 1/2 beef and 1/2 Ital. sausage which I think enhanced the flavor. I will be making this again!
Jul 7, 2017
Easy and quick to make.........
Mar 9, 2017
Soooo yummy! Hubby and kids approved. I used Bertolli Plus Penne Pasta to make it a little healthier.
Jun 8, 2016
This is a great dish to take to a pot luck or reunion. It disappears fast wherever I take it.
Jan 10, 2016
Great, easy to make, crowd pleaser!
Oct 29, 2015
Quick and delicious
Jun 12, 2014
These is good and easy to make. My family enjoyed it but we thought it could use more seasoning.
Dec 31, 1969
Delicious !! My family loves it.
Sep 10, 2013
I doubled this recipe and made one 11 x 7 pan for us and a large disposable pan for a client's family funeral luncheon. The mild flavor is nice for large groups. A definite keeper!
Sep 8, 2013
I tweek it just a tad with more cheese and some extra sharp cheddar cheese mixed in and on top....I also like mine a little spicier so I add some greek seasoning instead of Italian seasoning and creole seasoning and Cheyenne pepper....I also use 2 lbs of hamburger 1 1/2 c. of bell peppers and 1 1/2 cups of onion.....other than that it is wonderful and is a good recipe for a large crowd or left overs all week....I have already made it twice and my husband loves it with French bread.....very very good!!!!!