- 1 package (16 ounces) mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, soup, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Drain mostaccioli. Add mostaccioli and 1-1/2 cups cheese to beef mixture. Transfer to two greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews forEasy Mostaccioli
"Soooo yummy! Hubby and kids approved. I used Bertolli Plus Penne pasta to make it a little healthier."
"This is a great dish to take to a pot luck or reunion. It disappears fast wherever I take it.Nancy FoustVFE PA"
"Great, easy to make, crowd pleaser!"
"quick and delicious"
"These is good and easy to make. My family enjoyed it but we thought it could use more seasoning."
"Delicious !! My family loves it."
"I doubled this recipe and made one 11 x 7 pan for us and a large disposable pan for a client's family funeral luncheon. The mild flavor is nice for large groups. A definite keeper!"
"I tweek it just a tad with more cheese and some extra sharp cheddar cheese mixed in and on top....I also like mine a little spicier so I add some greek seasoning instead of Italian seasoning and creole seasoning and Cheyenne pepper....I also use 2 lbs of hamburger 1 1/2 c. of bell peppers and 1 1/2 cups of onion.....other than that it is wonderful and is a good recipe for a large crowd or left overs all week....I have already made it twice and my husband loves it with French bread.....very very good!!!!!"