Easy Chicken Casserole Recipe
- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Fresh parsley and sweet red pepper rings, optional
- 1. Combine chicken, soup and sour cream; spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine crumbs, butter and celery seed; sprinkle over chicken mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley and red pepper if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 294 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Casserole
"This is definitely not heart healthy; but it sure is comfort food. Here are my changes: I sauted chopped onions and celery in 2 T. of butter before adding the other ingredients. I also added frozen peas to make it a one pot dish; and to make it even more unhealthy, I added some cheese. For the topping, I used 1/2 cup crushed crackers and 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs"
"This dish is one of my favorites! It's great to eat when you're not feeling well or when you have lots of people over for a family dinner. Definitely a good dish!"
"Wonderfully tasty recipe and easy enough for my 12 year old daughter and I to make together! Used lemon pepper and fresh parmesian w/the crushed butter crackers. Rice would be wonderful, but couldn't convince my egg noodle loving family!"
"This has become a go-to comfort dish recipe over the years. Great served over rice or egg noodles!"
"I ran across this in my Taste of Home magazine years ago and tried it out. It's been a huge hit at family gatherings and food days at work. There are never any leftovers!"