- 8 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 25 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Fresh parsley and sweet red pepper rings, optional
- Combine chicken, soup and sour cream; spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine crumbs, butter and celery seed; sprinkle over chicken mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley and red pepper if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forEasy Chicken Casserole
"This dish is one of my favorites! It's great to eat when you're not feeling well or when you have lots of people over for a family dinner. Definitely a good dish!"
"Wonderfully tasty recipe and easy enough for my 12 year old daughter and I to make together! Used lemon pepper and fresh parmesian w/the crushed butter crackers. Rice would be wonderful, but couldn't convince my egg noodle loving family!"
"This has become a go-to comfort dish recipe over the years. Great served over rice or egg noodles!"
"I ran across this in my Taste of Home magazine years ago and tried it out. It's been a huge hit at family gatherings and food days at work. There are never any leftovers!"
"I usually double the amount of crackers for the topping. Yes, it is "bland", but in the same way macaroni & cheese is bland. There may not be a million flavors happening at once, but it is the definition of comfort food."