Creamy Spinach Bake
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cans (2.8 ounces each) french-fried onions
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines (about 16 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in soup. Stir in spinach and onions.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
3/4 cup: 218 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 14, 2020Yummy! I make it as a half recipe and it is just right for 4-5 people. It would make a great hot dip for veggies and pita chips too
Jan 1, 2019Love this recipe!
Nov 21, 2011
I make this all the time. I use reduced fat ingredients and it works just fine. Great way to eat your vegetables.
Feb 4, 2011
This was good but a bit on the dry side. It needs some milk or 1/2 and 1/2 to make it more creamy.
Apr 10, 2010
This was delicious! I didn't have the crackers so I just left them out of the recipe and it still tasted wonderful. It is easy, quick, yummy and makes a lot (I think it serves more than 10) that's why it's a 5 star recipe in my book. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Dec 8, 2009
I love spinach and this is one of my favorite spinach dishes. It's very rich!