Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in pie filling and pineapple until blended. Transfer to a 13x9-in. dish. Cover and refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over gelatin; sprinkle with walnuts. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 221 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Blueberry Gelatin Salad
"I actually changed it to strawberry gelatin and strawberry pie filling, and it was great, a huge hit with everyone."
"I have been making this for years. The only change I make is that I use berry blue jello and just one large box. I have also used knox gelatin and grape juice for a nephew that could not have the artificial colors and flavors in jello."
"I like the concept but it was just too sweet."
"Makes more sense to me to use "blueberry flavor Jello gelatin" rather than grape. I also use the blueberry Jello to make icing for blueberry cakes.....much better than grape for these applications."
"I have been bringing this salad to family get together's since the early 70's when this recipe first came out..it's a winner"
"Have made this jello for years using sugar-free raspberry jello. It is always a big hit!"
"It was okay. Too sweet. I probably won't make it again."
"Loved the topping. The jello salad was way to sweet for me."
"Making 2 of these salads: one blueberry, other using red raspberry jello and pie filling. For a high school graduation party. School colors are red and black, hence blueberry. Ought to be a hit, ya think? K."
"This is one of those jello salads that people are amazed at. I've been making it since 2008."
"Tried using the berry blue jello & didn't care for it. I'm making it again with grape jello to see if like it better."
"absolutely the best !"
"We are making this recipe to feed 200 people for our campmeeting. So easy to make and absolutely delicious and refreshing. Kids like it, too. Could be made low fat as well for diabetics with a few simple changes"
"Served this at a "girls only" luncheon and it was a hit. So good and so easy."
"This is a great salad I used mixed berry gelatin instead of the grape every one loved it!"
"Sooo delish...and simple to make, too. It's always a hit at any party. Thanks for the recipe...."
"This is so delish and I can't wait to make it for Thanksgiving again this year."
"This is a great recipe. A nice and flavorful gelatin dessert. People of all ages enjoy the combination."