Chunky Beef Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 2 cups Tomato Ground Beef Mix
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the beef mix, tomato juice, consomme, potatoes, celery, carrots, peas and sugar. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 149 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Chunky Beef Vegetable Soup
"Add some spices such as Italian seasoning, dried or fresh parsley, salt and pepper, steak seasoning, or flavored dry soup mix to jazz things up a bit."
"probably won't make this since there is no reply to "what is tomato ground beef mix" since October 2012...a year???? Come on people."