Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) regular or miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Spread into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 400 calories, 24g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chip Cake
"Excellent....would make again!"
"Excellent and easy"
"i only used 2 eggs and it was fine"