Cherry & Spice Rice Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, evaporated milk, milk, sugar and water. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until mixture is thickened. Stir lightly before serving. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Test Kitchen tips
1/2 cup: 193 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.