- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, evaporated milk, milk, sugar and water. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until mixture is thickened. Stir lightly before serving. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCherry & Spice Rice Pudding
"This is really good. I had leftover jasmine rice and leftover evaporated milk to use up. I cut the recipe in half as I only had about 2 cups of rice. My fruits were dried cranberries, dried cherries and golden raisins. The spices are such an added delight. My family really enjoyed this as a dessert. I will definitely make this again. Excellent!!! Thank you, Deb, for sharing."