Celebration Cranberry Cake
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- BUTTER CREAM SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the sugar and cream; bring to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake.
1 piece: 534 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 9, 2015
I tried this due to the great reviews. Mine came out tasteless and I will not make again.I did not make the butter sauce. I just put some confectionary sugar on top.
Dec 31, 1969
Oh my goodness! Delicious! To make this dessert even easier, I just threw the cranberries in whole! Everyone loved it. From adults to kids...They can not get enough of it!
Oct 21, 2012
I brought this to a cranberry-themed party and everyone raved about how good it was. It was absolutely superb. Thank you for this recipe!!
Dec 2, 2010
This cake is fantastic! I make it several times every winter, although I prefer to double the cake recipe and bake it in a bundt pan.
Jul 13, 2009
This was an excellent cake. For a variation I would suggest added some orange flavoring and perhaps some rum flavor to the sauce.