- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- BUTTER CREAM SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in the sugar and cream; bring to a boil, stirring often. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forCelebration Cranberry Cake
"I tried this due to the great reviews. Mine came out tasteless and I will not make again.I did not make the butter sauce. I just put some confectionary sugar on top."
"Oh my goodness! Delicious! To make this dessert even easier, I just threw the cranberries in whole! Everyone loved it. From adults to kids...They can not get enough of it!"
"I brought this to a cranberry-themed party and everyone raved about how good it was. It was absolutely superb. Thank you for this recipe!!"
"This was an excellent cake. For a variation I would suggest added some orange flavoring and perhaps some rum flavor to the sauce."