Caramel-Pecan Dream Bars Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat milk, egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar: 239 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Caramel-Pecan Dream Bars
"do they need to be refrigerated."
"So good and super easy to make. Would definitely make again for sure."
"Very yummy! I would change the name to "OOEY-GOOEY cake BARS" as described in the intro box."
"Just wondering where the Caramel is that is mentioned on the recipe name?"
"these were okay. very sweet and almost had the taste of not cooked, but I think that's how they are supposed to be. I cooked mine even longer than the time stated. Probably would not make again."
"I used Butter Pecan cake mix and this was incredible!!"
"Delicious! I had to make it with lemon cake since it's all I had, and it was super moist even after I followed the warning and baked it for 30 minutes. Not sure I had to. Can't wait to taste this when made with yellow cake and vanilla. This is a keeper. Made again, this time with yellow cake mix. Tasted really good, however, since I love lemon, I prefer to use the lemon cake mix."
"Very good - very ooey gooey.Love these and so easy!"
"So quick and easy...and absolutely DELICIOUS !! Took them to a family get together and everyone loved them and requested the recipe. My husband only got 1 bite of mine and when he went to get one of his own they were all gone so had to make another batch when we got home. definitely a keeper, just know now to take copies of recipe with me if I take them anywhere, LOL. Might try adding mini chocolate chips next time..think that would be good too."
"Very easy to make and is delicious!"