- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, beat milk, egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in pecans and toffee bits. Pour over crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCaramel-Pecan Dream Bars
"I followed the recipe to a tee - baked them 25 minutes, covered and refrigerated them. In the morning when I went to cut them FOR CHURCH - it was a pan of "soup". Very disappointed in this recipe - obviously, something along the way went wrong! Perhaps the base should be baked 15 minutes or so first - but why didn't they set up? I ended up baking chocolate chip cookies at 6:30 a.m. to save face."
"do they need to be refrigerated."
"So good and super easy to make. Would definitely make again for sure."
"Very yummy! I would change the name to "OOEY-GOOEY cake BARS" as described in the intro box."
"Just wondering where the Caramel is that is mentioned on the recipe name?"
"these were okay. very sweet and almost had the taste of not cooked, but I think that's how they are supposed to be. I cooked mine even longer than the time stated. Probably would not make again."