Bread and Tomato Salad Recipe
- 8 cups cubed Italian or French bread
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bread, tomatoes, basil and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; drizzle over bread mixture. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 234 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Bread and Tomato Salad
"This sounds wonderful! A family member does not like fresh tomatoes so will replace with mushrooms."
"My favorite fall-back recipe. Everyone loves it."
"Great Summer salad. It has become a new family favorite."
"sounds good- thanks!"