Bow Ties with Gorgonzola Sauce
The name may sound fancy, but this pasta dish is comforting and simple to prepare. Add a mixed green salad to make it a complete meal for any occasion. —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; return to pan. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, salt and lemon pepper. Add cheese sauce, sausage and spinach to hot pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with basil.
1-1/4 cups: 475 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Apr 23, 2019A little rich but it was good
Jun 9, 2018
love Gorgonzola and had to try this - sure glad i did - it is a winner
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC