Bombay Rice with Shrimp Recipe
A co-worker whose family is from India shared this delicious recipe with me. I’ve served it many times at family get-togethers, and the mild curry flavor and pleasant sweetness are always well received. —Sherry Flaquel, Cutler Bay, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the soup, water, curry and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the shrimp, onion, walnuts, coconut, raisins, apple and rice. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 367 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Bombay Rice with Shrimp
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC