VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 small tart apple, chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the soup, water, curry and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the shrimp, onion, walnuts, coconut, raisins, apple and rice. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bombay Rice with Shrimp in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p16