Beef Spinach Hot Dish Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the mushrooms, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the spinach, soup and sour cream. Stir in half of the mozzarella cheese.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 269 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Beef Spinach Hot Dish
"dinner fail. :( With all the great reviews and positive feedback, I thought this would be a surefire hit. None of my family members enjoyed this dish and we ended up throwing it away. i followed directions exactly. Overpowering spinach (and we very much enjoy spinach.) Did not find that flavors matched. Disappointed we spent at least $15 to make this casserole and ended up in the garbage."
"I used 1# hot Italian Sausage instead of the beef. It was absolutely scrumptious!"
"This was good- we both liked it quite a bit! It was easy to make and the flavors blended together nicely."
"I really loved this dish. I made it with the turkey. My husband loved it too."
"I Absolutely Love This Recipe, It is a Hit everytime I make this at Home or For a Social Get Together!!"
"Good & gooey. May add in some noodles next time. Used mushroom soup & fresh sautéed mushrooms."
"I have made this many times. My husband loves it. I've used turkey at times along with a small can of chopped chiles. I use whatever cheese I have at the time. You really can't mess this recipe up. Delicious!"
"Everyone loved this casserole! The mozzarella made it so gooey. Plus, it was so creamy!"
"This is so yummy! I'd eat the whole pan myself, but I doubt my man would appreciate that!"
"I followed the recipe just as it was given. I served it with salad, and it made an excellent meal. I will definitely make this again."