Beef Macaroni Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 291 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Beef Macaroni Skillet
"This is perfect for 2, easy, and delicious. One of the few recipes I make repeatedly. I wanted to try it with egg noodles rather than macaroni. Turned out great! I went by weight. 1/2 cup of dry macaroni = 2 ounces, so I substituted the dry egg noodles, and it was perfect!"
"This was good & easy, but I thought it was a little bland, even with the spicy V8. I had it left over the next day & it actually tasted better to me."
"Good flavor and easy. Had regular V8 juice available-- so I spiced it up with 'Slap Ya Mama' seasoning, garlic salt, and Jane's Krazy Mixed-up Pepper. Two of us almost finished a doubled recipe."
"Love the simplicity of this recipe and the flavor. I think the secret is definitely the spicy V-8. Wouldn't taste the same without it. Love to know that I can fix this after a busy day at work. Tasty!!"
"I really LOVE this recipe; I have made it several times. It doubles well in order to use a 1-pound package of beef. The last time I made it, I didn't have any green pepper. I used a mix of celery & carrots to replace it, and it was delicious."